Distinguished Alumnus Award Nomination
The School District of Arcadia is accepting nominations for the distinguished alumnus award. The Distinguished Alumnus plaques, honoring alumni of the School District of Arcadia, will be displayed at the High School.
- To provide inspirational role models for students
- To provide a recognition for past alumni
- To promote a legacy of community pride
- Have attended Arcadia Public Schools
- Have graduated at least 20 years prior to induction
- Have made significant contributions to their community and society through service or a distinguished career
- Have demonstrated those qualities of character, citizenship, and service that form the foundation of a democratic and humane society
- Made in writing by any person familiar with the individual
- Submitted no later than January 1
- Nominations will remain active for five years.
- Made by the Distinguished Alumnus Award Committee members
- Selection will be made for presentation of the award(s) at the annual graduation ceremony.
- A picture plaque and description of accomplishments located at the Senior High School
- Individual personal memento