School Health Update
In recent weeks, the number of new respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), influenza (flu), and COVID-19 cases have all increased. This is the first year these three viruses are circulating simultaneously. RSV and influenza activity is uncharacteristically high for this time of year.
Please remind your child of these helpful actions to prevent the spread of the viruses:
- Wash hands often with soap and water
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Avoid sharing personal items
YOUR CHILD SHOULD STAY HOME if he/she has:
- FEVER greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- VOMITING within the last 24 hours.
- DIARRHEA within the last 24 hours.
- STREP THROAT and has NOT been on medication for 24 hours.
- PINK EYE and is NOT capable of keeping hands away from eyes.
-SEVERE RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS
*May return to school when free of illness for 24 hours without medication.
Winter Weather Update
-PLEASE remember to send your child's winter weather gear (jacket, snow pants, boots, hat and gloves) to school daily. We will be going outside unless the weather is below O degrees (real feel or wind chill). It is also a good idea to have a complete change of clothes in their backpacks for unforeseeable accidents.
-Remind your children not to share hats, scarfs, brushes or hair accessories with other students.
-Check your child’s hair frequently. If lice are identified, start treatment as soon as possible.
-Get plenty of rest, eat nutritious meals and drink your water!
Arcadia School District Nurses