Applicants must have proper DPI certification and submit a Letter of Interest, three Letters of Recommendation, Current References, and Copy of Transcripts. Qualified applicants should apply on the WECAN website or submit a letter of interest, resume, transcripts, letters of reference, a copy of their professional licenses, and completed district application to Lance Bagstad, Superintendent, 730 Raider Drive, Suite 3150 Arcadia, WI 54612.
The School District of Arcadia is accepting applications for substitute bus drivers. Perspective driver must have a CDL driving permit or able to get a CDL permit. Upon successful competition of these tests and being hired, fees obtained can be reimbursable from the school district.
Bus driver starting pay is $21.31 per hour based on regular route times. Routes are generally from one hour to two hours long. Pay for a van driver is $12.65 per hour. Regular drivers license is required. Additional benefits may include accumulated sick leave-some of these hours may be used as PTO days, retirement, and dental insurance.
We offer competitive wages and benefits, along with the satisfaction of meeting and safely getting our students to school each and every day. This is a rewarding career with flexibility and the feeling of a job well done everyday.
Come Join Our Team!
Interested persons should call John Krett, Director of Transportation at 608-323-7082
- Student Information System (SIS) administrator. Support district staff with online registration, online payments, scheduling, reports, data exports, enrollment records and other data analysis.
- Oversee district data integrity through state reporting with the Department of Public Instruction (DPI)
- EduClimber system co-administrator with Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment. Work collaboratively to maintain data accuracy, roll out and train staff on new applications and efficient use of software to improve data data literacy.
- OneSync co-administrator with Network Manager. Ensure account automation accuracy including sources, destinations, password management and AD group management.
- Design, maintain, and update district website and school Intranet
- Support district administration with marketing plan and social media communication
- Work with staff to integrate the use of hardware, software and Internet resources in support of student learning
- Oversee a vetting process for educational software, apps and Chrome extensions for students and staff.
- Collaborate with other district staff to develop policies and procedures to support technology usage and advancement
- Technology skills in up-to-date computer software, including Google apps for education, word processing, database, spreadsheet, website development, presentation, digital video and audio editing, image processing, and graphics.
- Google Level 1 and Level 2 Certification or willingness to complete within one year
- Experience with student information systems and educational software (Infinite Campus, Educlimber, Google Apps for Education, etc.) preferred, but not required.
- Background with or willingness to learn WISEdata collection platform
- Understanding of student data privacy guidelines in relation to software usage
- Knowledge and/or experience with marketing strategies
- Works independently and collaboratively with colleagues
Salary: 65,000; negotiable based on experience and training
Start Date: Upon Hire
How to Apply: Email the following to Lance Bagstad at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of Interest
- Two references with contact information
Application Deadline: March 11, 2024
Click here for the application or to request an application to me mailed or emailed, please call 608-323-3315, ext. 3158 or email: email@example.com.
- Fill out the "Substitute Information" form below.
- If approved you will be sent a background check application by email from BIB (Background Investigation Bureau) to complete.
- If the background check is approved:
- Teacher and paraprofessional substitutes receive an email from ReadySub, our sub calling system, to set up a profile. Teacher and paraprofessional substitutes will be contacted by ReadySub when jobs are available.
- Teacher substitutes need to obtain a DPI sub license. View DPI procedures for substitute teacher license requirements. Applicants must successfully complete the district-selected substitute training to obtain a DPI substitute license.
- Custodian and food service substitutes will be added to a call list and contacted by the department director when needed.
- If interested in becoming a substitute bus driver, contact John Krett, Transportation Director, for more information, 608-323-3315 ext. 3300. Interested applicants must have or be able to attain a CDL driver’s license with required endorsements. The district will train drivers willing to commit to drive for Arcadia School District.
The School District of Arcadia welcomes volunteers 18 years or older to assist with the many areas of the school day and extra curricular activities. The District requires that all volunteers submit an interest form annually. Background checks will be performed during the initial registration, then every two years, or more often if deemed necessary. When the District approves a volunteer they will receive a background application by email from BIB (Background Investigation Bureau) to complete. Once background check is approved, potential volunteer will be contacted when services are needed.
The School District of Arcadia is a learning community that exists to ensure ALL students learn.
We aim to inspire and empower students to achieve their future success.
- High Expectations
The School District of Arcadia covers approximately 211 square miles, serving the communities of Arcadia, Waumandee, Dodge, and Pine Creek located in Buffalo and Trempealeau Counties in beautiful western Wisconsin.
The School District boasts excellent facilities for academic instruction on two campuses. The high school and middle school, located on the southern edge of the city, borders Memorial Park, a showcase for the area with its beautiful buildings and nationally known Soldier’s Walk and amphitheater. The high school was built in 1998 and houses grades 9-12; The middle school was built in 2016 and houses grades 5-8. The elementary school is located on Main Street and is recognized for its diversity and meeting the needs of all students. Each building is wired for technology services, and the District is proud of the technology it provides for student use and preparing students for the future.
A committed staff challenges our students academically and strives to Inspire and empower all learners. A number of extra and co-curricular opportunities are provided to our students, allowing them to showcase and develop their unique talents.
We hope you can visit our schools and community so you can see for yourself what a great place this is to live and work. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information or to set up a time to visit.
At the School District of Arcadia, we are dedicated to your personal and professional enrichment. Of course, we have the standard benefits—competitive salaries, comprehensive health packages, professional development—but we also offer social and emotional support to all staff.
All School District of Arcadia employees are automatically enrolled in our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through HealthAdvocate, that provides a wealth of resources to help you navigate life—confidential counseling, support for life and work, and additional resources including monthly webinars.
- New Teacher Mentor Program
- On-site training and development
- Instructional Coaches
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC)
- Supportive work culture
- Salary Advancement Based on Credits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Dual-Credit - Transcripted College Courses
- Spanish Acquisition
- ELL Licensure
- Dual Language
- Special Education
- Coaching & Club Opportunities
- Little Raiders Childcare
- Wanek Center
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Wisconsin Retirement System
- Health Insurance
- $30 Over the Counter Drug Service Quarterly
- Healthy Living Reimbursement
- $200 per family; $100 per member
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Discount Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Child Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account - District Contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Whether you've joined our family or are looking to join us, we'd love to connect with you!
The School District of Arcadia is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex (including transgender status, change of sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity), pregnancy, creed of religion, genetic information, handicap or disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, military service (as defined in 111.32, Wis. Stats.), ancestry, arrest record, conviction record, use or non-use of lawful products off the District's premises during non-working hours, declining to attend an employer-sponsored meeting or to participate in any communication with the employer about religious matters or political matters, or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment practices.