2023 OPERATIONAL REFERENDUM
In April 2023, the School District of Arcadia is asking residents to vote on a $750,000 non-recurring operational referendum question.
There are no events to display
- Why is a referendum needed?
- What is the exact wording of the referendum question that will be on the ballot?
- What does a “yes” vote mean, and what does a “no” vote mean?
- Why is the School District of Arcadia doing a non-recurring operational referendum?
- How could a "no” vote affect current programing and co-curricular opportunities?
- What will happen if the referendum fails?
- How has state funding for schools changed in the past 20 years?
- It states in some info posted that it’s a non-recurring referendum but then says it will exceed more than one year.
- Can you please provide information you have on what portion of the Wanek Center and daycare shortfalls are already being passed on to taxpayers? Is there any plan to require these activities to be self-sustaining?
- How much interest cost has the district saved by prepaying debt?
- Are other districts needing to put referendums on the ballot too?
- Estimated Tax Impact on a $150,000 Home
- Can the district shift funds?
- If we are levying dollars to pay down debt early, how come we can't use some of that money for operational expenses?
- The Wanek Center and the childcare center are operating at a deficit. How much money is being levied for those expenses and why can you use that money for operating?
- What has been the mill rate in the district over the last several years?
RECRUIT & RETAIN HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF
- Raises to keep up with inflation
- Competitive benefits
- Recruit staff for open positions
FACILITY MAINTENCE AND UPDATES
- Roof Replacement
- Upgrade boilers
- Plumbing upgrades
- Window replacements
- Bus Fleet Replacement
- Technology Upgrades